The World Video Game Hall of Fame sees entering 4 new video games that surely marked your childhood.
Retrogaming fans know it, video games from the 1980s to 2000 are truly treasures of culture that absolutely must be preserved, and preferably in their physical form. This is what the Strong National Museum of Play is intended for with its wing dedicated to video games called the World Video Game Hall of Fame. This year, the jewels added to it are as follows:
- Ms. Pac-Man
- Dance Dance Revolution
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Sid Meier’s Civilization
Strict selection criteria
If you know these 4 games then you know that you had a childhood, or adolescence, filled with emotions, victories, and failures. Each in their own style, these titles have marked the history of video games thanks to their innovative gameplay, or their original concept and are now part of the great collection of the Hall of Fame of video games. According to the official website, games are accepted into the Hall of Fame if they meet these 4 conditions:
- Icon status: The game is widely recognized and remembered.
- Longevity: The game is more than a passing fad and has enjoyed popularity over time.
- Geographic reach: the game meets the above criteria beyond international borders.
- Influence: The game has exerted a significant influence on the design and development of other games, on other forms of entertainment, or on popular culture and society in general. A game can be inducted based on this criterion without necessarily having met the top three.
If you own a Nintendo Switch, know that you can rediscover The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time via the Nintendo Switch Online subscription add-on pack. The game is available in an emulated version that isn’t exactly the same as the original game, but should bring you back to your own memories. For those who do not know the title, this is an opportunity to dive into the heart of a game that is as entertaining as it is revolutionary.
Regarding Ms. Pac-Manshe recently went through a divorce and changed her name in Bandai Namco games to become Pac-Mom.